In 1921, Hunter Hanly founded what was later to become GOP Limited to provide structural engineering services to architects and contractors during the 1920s building boom in/around Cincinnati. The 1921 City of Cincinnati directory shows that we shared the "Engineers, Structural" classification with only one other structural engineering firm, J.R. Beidinger. That firm no longer exists, making us this region's oldest, continuing structural engineering firm. In September 2005, we changed our name to GOP Limited.
Early projects included the University of Cincinnati's Student Union Building and Library, Music Hall reconstruction, the Cincinnati Club, The Hudepohl Brewing Company's Powerhouse and Bottling House, Cincinnati Gas & Electric Company, St. William's Church, and Walnut Hills High School.
Through the years, the firm has maintained a staff of 10-15 people and evolved into the present limited liability corporation. As partners retired, able associates were advanced to partnership to maintain leadership. Our project types have expanded to include manufacturing plants, warehouses, restaurants, retail complexes, and hospitals.
Later projects include the Paul Brown Stadium Foundations and Administration Building, Hueston Woods Lodge, University of Cincinnati Scioto Towers and Parking Decks, Northwest Regional Water Treatment Plant, Piqua Wastewater Treatment Facility, Thriftway Headquarters and Parking Garage, Clermont County Hospital, Xavier University Jesuit Faculty Residence, and the renovation of some of Cincinnati's most beautiful, historical buildings, including the Omni Netherland Hotel and Museum Center.
|Former names||First used|
|Graham, Obermeyer and Partners, Ltd.||1980|
|Russo, Graham & Obermeyer, Ltd.||1975|
|Young, Russo, Graham & Obermeyer||1969|
|Truman P. Young & Associates||1960|
|Hanly & Young||1946|
|Euphrat & Hanly||1921|